eYPAGnet is the European YPAG’s (Young Persons’ Advisory Group) network in consolidation process and coordinated by the Hospital Sant Joan de Déu.
Currently, this network consists of the following iCAN chapters:
- KIDS Barcelona
- YPAG Birmingham
- YPAG Bristol
- KIDS France
- YPAG Liverpool
- YPAG London
- YPAG Nottingham
- YPAG Scotland
Whereas pediatric clinical trials are developed simultaneously in different research centers (due to the low incidence of the majority of pathologies that affect minors), as well as a common regulatory framework across the European Union, emerged the need of creating the European YPAG network.
eYPAGnet responds to these needs, as well as to the encouragement received from EnprEMA to become a network and has its accreditation. This sub-network, part of the umbrella organization iCAN, enables the cooperation among groups and the development of new projects in a collaborative way.
The goals of eYPAGnet are:
- Improve the capacity of collaboration with the different agents, who participate in the research process and development of innovative drugs
- Gather a variety of experience related with different pathologies
- Promote the planning and development of clinical research initiatives for children, on a European level
- Consolidate the curriculum of capacity-building and empowerment training programs to the young patients
- Promote and lead the creation of new chapters
- Empower the selection of professional careers in the scope of science, among the youth
Services of the network addressed to the stakeholders:
- Informed groups of children & young people to provide scientific advice
- Training in clinical trial design, research governance, drug development
- Facilitate meetings
- Single point of contact
- Bringing together groups with different cultures and languages
- Networking with research networks
For more information about the eYPAGnet, please contact us today!